The Analyst/Associate role will be primarily supporting various originations and trading desks within North America SPG. Responsibilities include:
- Daily preparation, analysis, and verification of the daily trading estimate and reported P&L for Front Office sign-off. Requires daily interaction with Front Office traders, trading assistants and Middle Office trade support.
- Provide financial oversight over month-end close working closely with the Financial Control hub in Delaware.
- Conduct investigations of breaks between P&L reporting system and the general ledger, cash wash breaks, and nostros.
- Understand accounting treatment and ensure compliance with appropriate corporate and regulatory requirements
- Prepare required data submissions used for Corporate and Regulatory reporting (e.g. FVM (SFAS 157), FVO (SFAS 159), Specific Risk used in risk-weighted assets and Long Term Debt).
- Understand balance sheet usage and reporting
- Consolidation accounting
- Ensure appropriate legal entity reporting of products.
- Ensure a sound control environment.
- Strong accounting background highly preferred
- Solid understanding of financial products such as loans and derivatives would be advantageous
- Strong analytical, problem-solving abilities and detail oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively